The HAW562 surge arrester is used to protect electronic components from being destroyed by overvoltage. It ensures that overvoltage surges which occur in signal cables (e.g. 4 to 20 mA), in communication lines (fieldbuses) and in power lines are safely passed into the ground. The functionality of the transmitter or the electronics component to be protected is not affected.
- Investment intensive measuring instruments protected
- Increased plant availability as surge arrester is perfectly matched to the electronic components involved in process automation and process measuring technology
- Application in Ex areas - optionally available with SIL2 intrinsically safe approvals
- Vibration and shock tested according to EN 60068-2
- Direct and indirect shield grounding
Surge arresters are used to weaken residual currents from upstream lightning protection steps and to limit system-induced or -generated overvoltage surges.
HAW562 units are primarily used in process automation and in measuring and communication technology within the chemicals, pharmaceuticals, water and wastewater sectors as well as in the food industry.