The steam calculator EngyCal RS33 is used to record steam mass and energy flow of saturated and superheated steam. The calculation is based on the measured process variables volume flow, temperature and/or pressure.
The EngyCal RS33 uses the standard IAPWS IF97 to calculate the mass and energy flow of steam. The density and enthalpy of the steam are calculated from the input variables pressure and temperature.
- Compensation of differential pressure flow measurement
- Calculation according to international water steam tables
- Electronic matching of the temperature sensor (sensor-transmitter matching) with the arithmetic unit enables highly accurate temperature measurement
- Detailed data logging of current and counter values and of error messages, off-limit conditions and changes to operating parameters
- Standard models are suitable for connecting and supplying all common flow transmitters, temperature sensors and pressure sensors
- Remote readout via Ethernet and fieldbuses
- Deficit counter for transparency in case of error or alarm
Recording and billing energy quantities in steam applications (steam heat quantity, steam heat differential). Typical applications include:
- Food industry
- Chemical industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Power plants
- Building systems and plant engineering